Here is a list of my top ten must have supplies for a new mum. I’d suggest preparing these before the arrival of your little bundle of joy.
- Breast pads. I don’t know about others, but I had really leaky boobs, especially in the first three months. The material breast pads definitely didn’t cut it! My favourites were the Johnson&Johnsons branded ones. They seem to be slightly more expensive than others, but definitely worth it!
- Panadol. Because everywhere hurt.
- A good water bottle. Especially if you plan to breastfeed. I was so thirsty all the time and it would come on instantaneously. You want to make sure you have a water bottle with you everywhere you go.
- Maternity pads. And lots. Its gross. You want to change them often.
- Comfy undies. For those big maternity pads. I went to target and got some that were about 4 sizes bigger than my normal ones.
- Maternity bras. Remember you’ll likely want to wear something day and night. And you’ll probably get milk all over them, so make sure you have enough (I found Bonds to be the best).
- Nipple cream. Because, ouch.
- Movicol (or other safe stool softener / laxative of choice). Why? because the first time after birth is scary enough as it is.
- Clothes that you can wear and breast feed in if you are out and about. Think button down tops and dresses. Or T’shirts you can lift up (with a singlet underneath).
- Lots of laundry detergent. Because there will be a whole lot of washing!
Please check out my other posts you might enjoy:
Follow me on instagram here
Follow me on pinterest here